ZSPM4551 Li-Ion Battery Charger IC
The ZSPM4551 is a DC/DC synchronous switching lithium-ion battery charger with fully integrated power switches, internal compensation, and full fault protection. This part is for batteries not charged via USB.
Its switching frequency of 1MHz enables the use of small filter components, resulting in smaller board space and reduced BOM costs.
In full-charge constant-current mode, the regulation is for constant current. Once termination voltage is reached, the regulator operates in voltage mode. When the regulator is disabled, the device draws 10µA quiescent current.
The ZSPM4551 includes supervisory reporting through the NFLT (inverted fault) open-drain output to interface other components int he system. Device programming ins achieved by an I2C interface through the SCL and SDA pins.
- Up to 1.5A of continuous output current in full-charge constant-current mode
- High efficiency - up to 92% with typical loads
- VBAT reverse-current blocking
- Programmable temperature-compensated termination voltage: 3.94V to 4.18V ±1%
- User programmable maximum charge current: 50 mA to 1500mA
- Current mode PWM control in constant voltage
- Supervisor for VBAT reported at the NFLT pin
- Input supply under-voltage lockout
- Full protection for over-current, over-temperature, VBAT over-voltage, and charging timeout
- Charge status indication
- I2C program interface with EEPROM registers
- 16-pin PQFN package (4mm x 4mm)