ZSPM9000 Family DrMos MOSFET
The ZSPM9000 Family (ZSPM9000 & ZSPM9010) is a fully optimized, ultra-compact, integrated MOSFET plus driver power-stage solution for high-current, high-frequency, synchronous buck DC-DC applications. The device incorporates a driver IC, two power MOSFETs, and a bootstrap Schottky diode in a thermally enhanced, ultra-compact 6mmx6mm PQFN40 package.
With an integrated approach, the ZSPM9000's complete switching power stage is optimized for driver and MOSFET dynamic performance, system inductance, and power MOSFETDS(ON). It uses innovative high-performance MOSFET technology, which dramatically reduces switch ringing, eliminating the snubber circuit in most buck converter applications.
An innovative driver IC with reduced dead times and propagation delays further enhances performance. An internal 12V to 5V linear regulator enables the ZSPM9000 to operate from a single 12V supply. A thermal warning function warns of potential over-temperature situations. The ZSPM9000 also incorporates features such as Skip Mode for improved light-load efficiency with a tri-state 3.3V PWM input for compatability with a wide range of PWM controllers.
The ZSPM9000 DrMOS is ideally compatible with ZMDI's ZSPM1000, a leading-edge configurable digital power-management system controller for non-isolated point-of-load (POL) supplies.
- Fully optimized system efficiency with greater than 93% peak
- Clean switching waveforms with minimal ringing
- 72% space-saving compared to conventional discrete solutions
- Operation down to 3.3V while offering peak efficiency of 93%. Excellent for applications using wide supply voltage of 3.3V to 15V.
- DrMOS specification allows for shorter lead times and ability to substitute other DrMOS parts
- Based on the Intel® 4.0 DrMOS standard
- Internal 12V to 5V linear regulator (LDO) on ZSPM9000
- High-current handling up to 50V
- High-performance copper-clip package
- Tri-state 3.3 PWM input driver
- Skip Mode (low-side gate turn off) input
- Warning flag for over-temperature conditions
- Driver output disable function
- Internal pull-up and pull-down for SMOD# and DISB# inputs
- Under-voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Optimized for switching frequencies up to 1MHz