Energy Harvesting With Dye Sensitized Solar Cells
Dye-sensitized solar cells (DSC) are energy harvesters that can generate power from ambient light energy. These "fit & forget" self-powered devices are used to supply power to various kinds of sensors where providing directly wired power is difficult such as inaccessible places, deployment of sensors over a wide area or deployment of a high number of sensors. In addition, these DSC energy harvesters are able to work in sub-zero temperature places where typical batteries will not work.
An important feature of these DSC models includes high conversion efficiency in various light conditions such as low light intensity or light with a high incidence angle.
- 3 standard module panels
- FDSC-FSC6FG aperture area of 9 cm2 measures 40.5 mm x 44.5 mm
- FDSC-FSC4 aperture area of 32 cm2 measures 112 mm x 56 mm
- FDSC-FDC3FG aperture area of 74 cm2 measures 130 mm x 84 mm
- High conversion efficiency at light intensity from 200 to 10,000 lux
- Operable at illuminance from 10 to 100,000 lux
- Usable even in low light conditions
- Power module sample kits available
- Warehouse management (temperature & humidity monitoring, product positioning sensors)
- Energy savings in HVAC systems such as building energy management or data centers
- Smart meters such as automated reporting of energy and water consumption
- Disaster prevention - monitoring river levels or mountain slope monitoring for landslides
- BLE beacons in retail areas for marketing and sales analysis