HTU21D, the new humidity and temperature sensors of TE Connectivity is about to set new standards in terms of size and intelligence. Embedded in a reflow, solderable Dual Flat No leads (DFN) package of 3 x 3 mm footprint and 1 mm height, it provides calibrated, linarized signals in digital, I2C format. A version with PWM output is also available, called the HTU21P. The HTU20 is similar except with a wider accuracy of 5% versus 3% for the HTU21.
HTU21D sensors are dedicated humidity and temperature plug and play transducers for OEM applications where reliable and accurate measurements are needed. Direct interface with a micro-controller is made possible with the module's humidity and temperature digital outputs. HTU21D sensors have low power consumption designed for high volume and cost sensitive applications with tight space constraints.
Every sensor is individually calibrated and tested. Lot identification is printed on the sensors and an electronic identification code is stored on the chip - which can be read out by command. Furthermore, the resolution of HTU21D sensor can be changed by command (8/12 bit up to 12/14 bit for rh/T), low battery can be detected and a checksum improves communication reliability.
- DFN type package
- Relative humidity and temperature digital output, I2C interface
- Fully calibrated
- Lead free sensor, reflow solderable
- Low power consumption
- Fast response time and very low temperature coefficient
- Fully interchangeable with no calibration required in standard conditions
- Instantaneous desaturation after long periods in saturation phase
- Version with pwm output available (HTU21P with 3% accuracy or HT20P with 5% accuracy)
- Consumer products
- Household appliances