The PVC4000 Series is a vacuum transducer designed for cost-effective OEM integration. It consists of a MEMS thermal conduction sensor (Pirani sensor), measuring electronics, and a microprocessor, packaged in an ultra-compact PCB assembly.
**All new inquiries for these parts should contact Posifa directly via their Contact Us page or email at
The sensor element is based on Posifa's proven, second-generation MEMS thermal conduction chip that operates under the principle that the thermal conductivity of gases is proportional to its vacuum pressure.
The electronics and microprocessor amplify and digitize the sensor signal, and provide the output via an I2C interface. Because the thermal conductivity of a vacuum varies with ambient temperature, a temperature-compensation algorithm is implemented in the microprocessor, taking input from a built-in temperature sensor.
Output from the PVC4000 is uncalibrated. As an option, users of PVC4000 can choose to input up to 10 pairs of calibration points via the I2C interface into the microprocessor. A built-in piecewise linearization algorithm will leverage this data to provide calibrated output.
To further facilitate integration, the PVC4000 includes a connector-terminated wire harness that is soldered into the PCB assembly.
- Range: 0.001 to 760 Torr (0.13 to 101kPa)
- Fast response time < 1.2 seconds
- Low power consumption for battery-powered instruments
- Pulsed sensor excitation to prevent signal drift in high vacuum conditions
- Resistant to contamination
- Max overpressure of 27.5 bar
- Leak detection in any closed system maintained under primary vacuum, such as vacuum-insulated panels
- Portable digital vacuum gauges