The MS5607-B is a new generation of high resolution altimeter sensors from TE Connectivity with SPI and I2C bus interface.
It is optimized for altimeters and variometers with an altitude resolution of 20 cm. The sensor module includes a high linearity pressure sensor and an ultra low power 24 bit ADC with internal factory calibrated coefficients. It provides a precise digital 24 bit pressure and temperature value and different operation modes that allow the user to optimize for conversion speed and current consumption. A high resolution temperature output allows the implementation of an altimeter/thermometer function without any additional sensor.
The MS5607-B can be interfaced to virtually any microcontroller. The communication protocol is simple, without the need of programming internal registers in the device. Small dimensions of only 5.0 × 3.0 mm and a height of only 1.0 mm allow for integration in mobile devices. This new sensor module generation is based on leading TE Connectivity technology and latest benefits from proven experience and know-how in high volume manufacturing of altimeter modules, which have been widely used for over a decade. The sensing principle employed leads to very low hysteresis and high stability of both pressure and temperature signal. This sensor is for high volume applications.
- Integrated digital pressure sensor (24 bit ADC)
- Operating range: 10 to 1200 mbar, -40 to +85 °C
- High resolution module, 20 cm
- QFN package 5.0×3.0×1.0 mm3
- 24 bit ADC, sigma delta converter
- Calibrated temperature and pressure sensor for 2nd order compensation
- I2C and SPI interface up to 20 MHz
- ESD protected, HBM 4 kV
- Temperature range -40 to +85°C
- Supply voltage 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Low power, 1 µA (standby < 0.15 µA)
- Pb-free & RoHS-compatible
- No external components (Internal oscillator)
- Mobile altimeter / barometer systems
- Bike computers
- Adventure or multi-mode watches
Compares Favorably to
- Freescale MPL3115A2