The MS5561 is a SMD-hybrid device including a precision piezoresistive pressure sensor and an ADC-Interface IC. It uses a 3-wire serial interface for communication.
The module dimensions of 4.75 mm X 4.25 mm and a height of only 1.6 mm allows for up-to-date SMD design. It provides a 16 bit data word from a pressure and temperature dependent voltage. The MS5561 is a low power, low voltage decide with automatic power down (ON/OFF) switching. A 3-wire interface is used for all communications with a micro-controller.
- Pressure resolution 0.1 mbar
- Operating temperature -40°C to +85°C
- Supply voltage 2.2V to 3.6V
- Low supply current typically 4 µA and standby current <0.1
- Calibrated temperature and pressure sensor for 2nd order compensation
- ESD protected, HBM 4 kV
- Mobile phones
- GPS receivers
- Altimeter applications
- Personal navigation devices
- Digital cameras with altimeter function